As we look forward to celebrating our 15th year, Tallgrass Theatre Company is thrilled to announce our 2019-20 Season!
Become a Season Pass Holder!
First, we open the season with well-known suspense-thriller, WAIT UNTIL DARK by Frederick Knott, directed by Mark Littlejohn.
"Wait Until Dark" by Frederick Knott
directed by Mark Littlejohn
Auditions Dates & Time:
* Auditions for adults will take place on Monday, August 26 & Tuesday, August 27 at 7:00pm
* Auditions for the role of Gloria (10-12 year old girl) will take place on Tuesday, September 3 at 7:00pm.
* NOTE: Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out the required paperwork before your audition.
* No need to prepare a monologue.
* Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. Sides from the script will be provided to you for auditions.
* Please contact Tom Perrine (Artistic Director), at email@example.com with questions regarding the script or requests to view the script in advance.
Tallgrass Theatre Company @ Rex Mathes Auditorium
1401 Vine Street | West Des Moines, IA 50265
(1) Woman: Susy Hendrix
(6) Men: Sam Hendrix | Harry Roat Jr. | Mike Talman | Sgt. Carlino | Policeman 1 | Policeman 2
(1) Girl (10-12 years old): Gloria
Sunday, September 8, 2019
October 25 – November 10 | Fridays & Saturdays @ 7:30pm | Sundays @ 2:00pm
Show Dates: October 25–November 10, 2019
Next, we journey to the West Coast, to sunny Palm Springs. OTHER DESERT CITIES by John Robert Baitz fits the bill as next season’s Sarah Frank & Jack Balcombe Annual Dream Project, led by Dreamers Michael Tallman and Kristin Larson. Tallman will serve as director and Larson will be featured as Brooke Wyeth.
Show Dates: January 17–February 2, 2020
Finally, we end with a wacky and wild splash as we journey to Niagra Falls. WONDER OF THE WORLD by David Lindsay-Abaire will round out our 15th season, and will be will be directed by Tallgrass Theatre Artistic Director, Tom Perrine.
Show Dates: March 27–April 12, 2020
We hope that you'll join us on this incredible journey, and we thank you for your continued support of live, local theatre.
Thank you to our 2018 Capital Campaign donors and sponsors!